A DEAD body was found washed up on a San Roque beach in the early hours of this morning.
The man is thought to be a middle-aged Algeciras resident originally from Vigo in Galicia.
The location was Playa Puente de Mayorga, a calm, sandy beach of 1.2km on the outskirts of Algeciras.
Local police were called to the scene after the emergency services were alerted at around 9 am.
Guardia Civil joined soon afterwards to officially confirm the death, and launch investigations into the circumstances of the tragedy.
Several sources are reporting signs of violence on the body.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25