FATHER and daughter duo Chad and Suzanne Morritt are still going potty after setting up Totem Ceramics in Cancelada three years ago.
The family school teaches pottery courses and exhibits the work of their students.
Daughter Suzanne studied Ceramics at A Level in London after being inspired by her father.
“Growing up our house was always full of pottery my dad had made at school and college, he was making pottery from the age of 14,” she said, “It has remained a passion for both of us!”
Dad Chad, who is currently designing his own range of tableware, specialises in throwing tuition while Suzanne teaches hand building and glazing.
“It really is fun, it’s therapeutic and you get to meet friendly, like-minded people,” she added, “Many of our students wouldn’t have described themselves at artistic before joining us.”
But what does it take to become an expert potter?
“Patience, practice and an acceptance that things can and do go wrong!” said Suzanne, who added that the perseverance can be rewarding.
“They learn to unwind, have fun and get creative,” she explained, “Two of our students who were complete beginners now have their own wheels at home! They still attend classes to perfect their skills, but to see them share our passion is the ultimate prize for us.”
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02
- Figuring out your next career move: Where to start from? - 3 Jul, 2019 @ 10:19
- Online Sports Betting in Spain – Where to Play & What’s Legal? - 2 Jul, 2019 @ 09:16
- A secret escape just 10 minutes from the Costa del Sol - 29 Jun, 2019 @ 09:00
- Creative cuisine has finally started to revolutionise the Axarquia and Costa Tropical’s dining scene - 28 Jun, 2019 @ 11:14