FATHER and daughter duo Chad and Suzanne Morritt are still going potty after setting up Totem Ceramics in Cancelada three years ago.
The family school teaches pottery courses and exhibits the work of their students.
Daughter Suzanne studied Ceramics at A Level in London after being inspired by her father.
“Growing up our house was always full of pottery my dad had made at school and college, he was making pottery from the age of 14,” she said, “It has remained a passion for both of us!”
Dad Chad, who is currently designing his own range of tableware, specialises in throwing tuition while Suzanne teaches hand building and glazing.
“It really is fun, it’s therapeutic and you get to meet friendly, like-minded people,” she added, “Many of our students wouldn’t have described themselves at artistic before joining us.”
But what does it take to become an expert potter?
“Patience, practice and an acceptance that things can and do go wrong!” said Suzanne, who added that the perseverance can be rewarding.
“They learn to unwind, have fun and get creative,” she explained, “Two of our students who were complete beginners now have their own wheels at home! They still attend classes to perfect their skills, but to see them share our passion is the ultimate prize for us.”
- British RAF pilot brings new – and MUCH cheaper – property listing concept to Spain - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 17:21
- Spain’s Supreme Court bans historic bull hunting and spearing tradition in Castilla y Leon - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 11:00
- Malaga’s ‘Banksy’ attracts world attention replicating masterpieces on the streets of Spain and Europe - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 10:00
- M1 Legal is stacking up the victories against Spain’s Timeshare giants - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 11:13
- How to Improve Academic Writing Skills for UK University Admission - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 09:37
- Giant electricity pylons rampaging across the valley vista in Sierra Nevada - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 18:57
- Living with Gaudi – Turkish art dealer builds home inside iconic tourist attraction - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 18:38
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 16:59
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05