A BRITISH conman who absconded to Spain has been located in a Spanish jail.
Norman Fowler, 38, from Colchester, failed to show at Norwich Crown Court two years ago after being handed three-months for stealing camera equipment worth £10,000 and six months for absconding.
He is also wanted in connection with a £21,000 fraud operation and other alleged scams using websites Gumtree and eBay.
Essex police, who issued an alert and warrant for Fowler´s arrest, have been informed that he is being held in custody on remand in Alicante over gun licensing matters.
Discussions are taking place to bring him back to the UK to serve his sentences and face trial for other alleged offences.
Fowler was arrested for fraud and car crime charges before admitting a further six offences at Chelmsford Crown Court in 2012.
He asked for 25 additional offences to be taken into consideration, and was ordered to carry out 300 hours community service.
He had taken £30,000 for goods he sold online but never delivered, including an Audi A4 and Rolex watch.
After he absconded to Alicante, he was charged and convicted of theft in absentia in 2014, where he was sentenced to nine months in prison.
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33