HOLLYWOOD icon Mel Gibson is in Spain today visiting one of the country’s most treasured tourist attractions.
The American and his girlfriend, Rosalind Ross, are spending time in romantic Granada and have weaved a trip to the Alhambra palace into their holiday.
The couple arrived in Granada on Monday after flying from Madrid and spent yesterday in the Moorish palace with a private guide before watching a Flamenco performance last night.
— Molly ????????Spain Blog (@piccavey) May 18, 2016
When approached by a journalist during the evening, Gibson reportedly shook their hand before apologising that he was ‘a little tired’ and declining to comment on his trip.
Gibson and Ross have been staying in a five-star hotel in the centre of town.
With a big white beard, jeans and a white shirt, the Braveheart star was almost unrecognisable as he mingled with the other tourists.
At a nearby watering hole, while Gibson lunched on piglet (cochinillo), his girlfriend ate boquerones and roasted vegetables.
He joins a long list of celebrities who have visited Granada recently to enjoy its winding streets, fabulous architecture and bustling squares.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25