A TV ‘doctor’ who found fame analysing poo samples is on the hunt for a stunning Spanish retreat.
You Are What You Eat presenter Gillian McKeith – who also starred in I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here – is ready for another adventure, but this time in Andalucia.
The Olive Press can reveal that the Scottish health guru, 56, and her husband Howard Magaziner are in the process of buying a dream property in the soaring Serrania de Ronda.
The Channel 4 presenter McKeith – who became famous for being the first contestant on I’m A Celebrity to refuse to do a task in 2010 – is understood to be buying a 26-bedroom hotel in Cortes de la Frontera.
Hotel Sol y Sierra, which sits in the heart of the town, has been shut for a number of years.
“McKeith and her husband have been in talks with the town hall about this particular property and all being well they could be the latest new residents in Cortes,” said a source.
“Word has been going around that she will be setting up a business but we don’t know yet what it will be.”
Cortes estate agency Mary Beker meanwhile did not deny McKeith’s plans but stressed that a sale had not yet gone through.
“No agreement has, as yet, been confirmed so we cannot say for sure exactly what’s going on,” Tom Beker told the Olive Press.
“We hope to know more soon.”
When contacted McKeith’s husband, a lawyer, said: “We are not yet in a position to make an official announcement.”
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25