A SPANISH local politician busted in a drink-driving probe was found to be three times over the legal limit.
Velez-Malaga Ciudadanos councillor Jose Antonio Moreno was stopped by police in Torre del Mar driving a car he did not own accompanied by someone else.
“I was just trying out the vehicle for 100m and there was no harm done, but the police appeared and I can’t deny that I regret it enormously and I am completely devastated,” he said.
Moreno who claims he is an ‘excessively sensible driver’ assured police test results were because he drank two beers and two drinks after he ‘hadn’t eaten all day’.
He is awaiting the court’s decision.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25