“WHY are we here?” children’s entertainer Roberto asks the three and four year olds sat outside idyllic Il Sono in Cala Sardina, Torreguadiaro.
“To clean!” says one little boy.
In a way, he’s not wrong. But the 40 children outside Andalucia’s most eco-friendly chiringuito are really here to learn about the environment.
The owners, Andrea Zaupa and Tamara Murillo have launched environmental awareness days for local schoolchildren, with the first one exploring the benefits of a green lifestyle.
After listening to a tale about recycling, the little helpers from CEIP Los Almendros don gloves to pick up litter before depositing it in a correctly coloured bin.
“For us, it’s really important that kids learn about looking after the environment here. It’s such a beautiful place,” says Italian Andrea.
It’s a subject close to the couple’s hearts. In 2014, Il Sono was voted the most environmentally friendly chiringuito in Andalucia, coming in third overall in Spain.
Solar power warms the bar’s water, while the building, chairs and tables are made of sustainable materials and a recycling bin is handily placed just outside.
With more local children mooted to attend Il Sono’s environmental days, it promises to be one of Andalucia’s greenest spots for years to come.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00