SOME of the coast’s leading real estate figures have attended a seminar held by UK property giant Rightmove Overseas in Malaga.
Hundreds turned out, including boss of Savills Gibraltar Sammy Armstrong-Cruz, Alex Radford, from My Lawyer in Spain, and Vicky Kimberley, from Evita Estates, to discuss the market and pick up valuable online marketing tips from Rightmove executive Chris Please.
Please told the Olive Press: “We have seen big growth in Spain this year and are predicting a big jump in July after the EU referendum.”
The overseas boss, added: “There is no doubt concern over Brexit is having an effect on the market though.
“Indeed we estimate double the number of buyers putting their interest on hold, compared to last year.
“I’m sure this will all end up positively one way or another, but particularly if the UK votes to stay in the EU.”
Head of business development at FX specialists Smart Currency, Jana Korpova, who helped to organise the event, said: “It’s been a really interesting day with hundreds attending.
“I think everyone gleaned a lot of specialist information.”
She continued: “While 2016 thus far have been one of the strangest years for real estate, we have heard a lot of positivity from estate agents in Spain.
“It was a fantastic forum for the industry to get together, exchange experiences and network with like-minded people.”
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00