SOME of the coast’s leading real estate figures have attended a seminar held by UK property giant Rightmove Overseas in Malaga.
Hundreds turned out, including boss of Savills Gibraltar Sammy Armstrong-Cruz, Alex Radford, from My Lawyer in Spain, and Vicky Kimberley, from Evita Estates, to discuss the market and pick up valuable online marketing tips from Rightmove executive Chris Please.
Please told the Olive Press: “We have seen big growth in Spain this year and are predicting a big jump in July after the EU referendum.”
The overseas boss, added: “There is no doubt concern over Brexit is having an effect on the market though.
“Indeed we estimate double the number of buyers putting their interest on hold, compared to last year.
“I’m sure this will all end up positively one way or another, but particularly if the UK votes to stay in the EU.”
Head of business development at FX specialists Smart Currency, Jana Korpova, who helped to organise the event, said: “It’s been a really interesting day with hundreds attending.
“I think everyone gleaned a lot of specialist information.”
She continued: “While 2016 thus far have been one of the strangest years for real estate, we have heard a lot of positivity from estate agents in Spain.
“It was a fantastic forum for the industry to get together, exchange experiences and network with like-minded people.”
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00