A NOTORIOUS Costa del Sol car rental company has been mysteriously ‘closed’ by Google.
After 29 years of service Brian’s Rent-a-Car has been listed as ‘permanently closed’ by the search engine.
But while some previous disgruntled customers were ready with the champagne, boss Brian Johnson insists the Benalmadena-based company is ‘going nowhere’.
“I have no idea why Google would have done that,” Johnson told the Olive Press. “So many things end up on the internet that are untrue these days.”
Showing his usual passion for customer service, he added: “Everything is still operating as normal. We still have the same w***** clients who don’t clean the cars and who crash them all the time.”
Brian’s Rent-a-Car is notorious for coming under fire from angry customers.
The Olive Press has run a number of stories on the company, which also has a string of posts on TripAdvisor about unreturned deposits and rude behaviour, stretching back as far as 2011.
One previous customer, Tony Seymour, told the Olive Press that he ‘cannot believe’ Ballard is still operating.
“I am surprised he’s still in business, the champagne will stay on ice for now,” he said.
“My main disappointment is with the Spanish authorities, who have done nothing to stop him.”
More recently a client, UK hypnotist Ken Webster, discovered a condom on the back seat of his car rental.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36