JUST a stone’s throw away from Marbella’s Golden Mile sits the luxurious urbanisation of Guadalmina.
I was lucky enough to spend the summers of my youth at my home away from home, Guadalmina Alta. Some 15 years later and this quaint village-esque resort still boasts a neighbourly and tranquil atmosphere in an envious location.
It’s just five minutes from Puerto Banus and ten minutes from Marbella, while the charming old pueblo of San Pedro is a short walk away.
The development may have a tranquil exterior but don’t be fooled, it can still pack quite the punch. When you’re done sunning by the pool, try a round of golf at its sprawling 18-hole course, or get your kicks down at its famous cable ski – where thrillseekers are thrust around a scenic lake on a pair of skis or wakeboard.
The quality of its restaurants has also sky-rocketed over the last ten years. Boasting almost twenty, the variety ranges from the unrivalled Argentinian steak house La Rosa to the longest-standing spot for a traditional English breakfast, Tricky Ricky’s. The latest additions include a vegan cafe and a japanese wok spot.
Pop over the road from the restaurant front and you’ll find Guadalmina Baja, home to huge villas which wouldn’t look out of place in Beverly Hills.
If you’re there at the right time, you might even spot a celeb – ex-Spanish Prime Minister Jose Aznar is often seen jogging with his four brooding bodyguards, while the Princess of Monaco is also rumoured to live close by.
It’s no surprise then that the Spanish, Irish, British and otherwise, whether holidaymakers, expats or royalty, continue to set up shop here.
The food is exquisite, the scenery is stunning and everything you need is right on your doorstep.
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22
- TASTING MANILVA: Discovering another side to this expat hotspot through cottage industry wine - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 11:51
- HOUSE OF HORRORS: Expat squatter couple caged and interrogated after dead baby and child, 3, found buried near luxury urbanisations in Spain - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 14:23
- Warnings as woman almost DIES in Spain after suffering huge allergic reaction to partner’s sperm in WORLD FIRST - 14 Mar, 2019 @ 17:36