JUST a stone’s throw away from Marbella’s Golden Mile sits the luxurious urbanisation of Guadalmina.
I was lucky enough to spend the summers of my youth at my home away from home, Guadalmina Alta. Some 15 years later and this quaint village-esque resort still boasts a neighbourly and tranquil atmosphere in an envious location.
It’s just five minutes from Puerto Banus and ten minutes from Marbella, while the charming old pueblo of San Pedro is a short walk away.
The development may have a tranquil exterior but don’t be fooled, it can still pack quite the punch. When you’re done sunning by the pool, try a round of golf at its sprawling 18-hole course, or get your kicks down at its famous cable ski – where thrillseekers are thrust around a scenic lake on a pair of skis or wakeboard.
The quality of its restaurants has also sky-rocketed over the last ten years. Boasting almost twenty, the variety ranges from the unrivalled Argentinian steak house La Rosa to the longest-standing spot for a traditional English breakfast, Tricky Ricky’s. The latest additions include a vegan cafe and a japanese wok spot.
Pop over the road from the restaurant front and you’ll find Guadalmina Baja, home to huge villas which wouldn’t look out of place in Beverly Hills.
If you’re there at the right time, you might even spot a celeb – ex-Spanish Prime Minister Jose Aznar is often seen jogging with his four brooding bodyguards, while the Princess of Monaco is also rumoured to live close by.
It’s no surprise then that the Spanish, Irish, British and otherwise, whether holidaymakers, expats or royalty, continue to set up shop here.
The food is exquisite, the scenery is stunning and everything you need is right on your doorstep.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29