THE body of a British man has been found in a canal in Barcelona.
A search effort was launched after Sam Alger, 25, from Norfolk went missing over the weekend after a night out.
He was last seen outside Elrow nightclub on Sunday night.
However, a facebook group setup to find him has confirmed his death.
“This morning while out looking for Sam myself, Elizabeth Morris, Walter Scott and David Pragg found Sam shortly after the police had arrived at the scene,” a message on the group said.“We are devastated to announce he was dead at the scene found drowned.
“No one can quite believe what has happened and everyone is truly heartbroken.
“Thank you everyone for the help and support and prayers, we appreciate it so much.
“Sam was one of the kindest most genuine and loving people anyone could wish to know and to have him taken from us is truly heart breaking.”
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36