MICHELLE OBAMA landed in Madrid on Wednesday with her mother and two daughters.
The First Lady visited Liberia and Morocco earlier this week before flying to the Spanish capital.
The three-stop trip focuses on encouraging young women to pursue an education, not only as a means to improve women’s lives, but also as a way to alleviate country-wide poverty.
Obama plans to give a speech to young women in Spain, in concert with her “Let Girls Learn” initiative on Thursday.
Spain’s Queen Letizia will also speak.
The First Lady leaves Spain on Friday.
- From Nerja to Manilva: How far has construction of the record-breaking La Senda Litoral walkway progressed? - 20 Aug, 2016 @ 17:53
- Holiday season boosts Spanish train service Renfe - 19 Aug, 2016 @ 14:40
- Floating lanterns banned from Manilva’s Luna Llena festival - 14 Aug, 2016 @ 14:00
- Basque Culinary World Prize awarded to Venezuelan chef - 13 Aug, 2016 @ 16:00
- Spain faces uphill battle to meet new EU emissions goals - 13 Aug, 2016 @ 12:00
- Nerja welcomes hometown World Combat Jujitsu champion - 12 Aug, 2016 @ 17:14
- Dani Garcia opens new restaurant in Puente Romano - 12 Aug, 2016 @ 16:00
- Huge pharma company investing almost €300m into UK post-Brexit - 12 Aug, 2016 @ 09:52
- Spain paying €300m a year in pensions to people who are dead - 11 Aug, 2016 @ 09:02
- Evening horse racing on Sanlucar beach in August - 10 Aug, 2016 @ 16:00