OVER a dozen Spanish rock artists got together to perform hits by David Bowie in Madrid and Barcelona tribute concerts.
Spanish indie artists including Amaral and Vetusta Morla paid homage to the British rocker with covers of ‘Space Oddity’, ‘Heroes’ and other hits from his big repertoire.
The ‘Juntemos con Bowie’ shows were held in Madrid’s Real jardin Botanico Alfonso and Barcelona’s Sala Razzmatazz.
Other artists who took part were Joana Serrat, former Los Piratas leader Iván Ferreiro, Alberto Jiménez of Miss Caffeina, Anni B Sweet, Javier Vielba (Arizona Baby/Corizonas), Juan Alberto (Niños Mutantes), Julio de la Rosa, Maika Makowski, Marc Ros (Sidonie), Sean Frutos (Second), Tulsa, Shuarma (Elefantes) and Zahara.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36