TWO teenagers have been arrested for the fire that tore through Javea town in the early hours of the morning.
The fire hit the area, near Benidorm, seeing locals being put up in schools, restaurants and hotels.
Around 20 homes have been destroyed, with the blaze continuing to raze the town to the ground.
Police have closed roads, with three fires taking place in Cumbres de Sol, Granadella and Playa del Arenal, all starting yesterday afternoon and evening.
Thousands of people have evcuated the towns near the fire.
- Erasmus future uncertain after Brexit - 6 Oct, 2016 @ 18:00
- Spanish nurses rushing home post Brexit - 6 Oct, 2016 @ 17:00
- Specsavers Optica takes part in National Eye Health Week - 6 Oct, 2016 @ 15:30
- Zara sees profit jump - 6 Oct, 2016 @ 15:00
- Doñana National Park in Sevilla on verge of ‘point of no return’ - 5 Oct, 2016 @ 15:30
- VIDEO: Distressed bull has its horns set on fire in Valencia - 27 Sep, 2016 @ 10:37
- Sexism row over bullet proof vests for female Guardia Civil staff - 26 Sep, 2016 @ 12:03
- Doñana National Park in Sevilla on verge of ‘point of no return’, warn UNESCO - 25 Sep, 2016 @ 12:18
- Guardia Civil uncover €250,000 of drugs in international raid - 24 Sep, 2016 @ 12:00
- Artists come together to present exhibition in Orgiva - 24 Sep, 2016 @ 09:00