GOLF insiders have claimed Spain’s Sergio Garcia likes to play ‘bulls**t games’.
The comments were made ahead of the Ryder Cup as Golf Digest interviewed players, coaches and caddies on the condition of anonymity.
“He’s comfortable winning playing those bulls**t games if he can’t beat you with his clubs,” the quote continued, “And if you do give it back to him, it can affect him.”
Garcia, 36, has won 18 of his Ryder Cup ties, drawing nine and losing five, and is seen as one of the tournament’s greatest ever golfers.
Despite this he has yet to win the title or any other major.
“Sergio isn’t a choker,” the anonymous source continued, “but has he ever made a putt in a major when it really counted at the end? No, and that’s why you feel like he can be beaten.”
Garcia has said he is optimistic about Europe’s chances this year.
““Our team is quite young, but I think it’s going to be a great mix of experience with some of the younger guys and rookies getting a great taste for it,” he said.
“The only thing they have to do is go and do what they do every week, which is to play great golf.”
Garcia will join the likes of America’s Jordan Spieth and Northern Ireland’s Rory McIlroy at the Hazeltine National Golf Club in Minnesota, US, on September 30.
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52