SPANISH companies are flooding in to invest in golf resorts in Cuba since the US lifted its trade embargo on the island last year.
2015 saw 3.5 million people visit Cuba, a 17% increase on the year before, and it seems the country cannot build hotels and golf resorts quick enough, changing the law to allow increased foreign direct investment as long as there is a cuban partner involved.
In June, Cuba’s Ministry of Tourism said it was close to a deal with Spanish consortium La Playa Golf/Resorts S.L to build the vast Punta Colorada Cuba Golf Marina in remote Punta Colorada in the Pinar del Río province.
They are also said to be closing in on a golf development deal with another Spanish firm just west of Havana at El Salado.
Meanwhile, Spain’s Urbas Grupo Financiero announced in March that it had begun gathering funds for a resort of 1,500 villas and 3,000 apartments with several golf courses at Rancho Luna-Pasacaballos, near Cienfuegos, with an investment budget of €519 million.
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22
- TASTING MANILVA: Discovering another side to this expat hotspot through cottage industry wine - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 11:51
- HOUSE OF HORRORS: Expat squatter couple caged and interrogated after dead baby and child, 3, found buried near luxury urbanisations in Spain - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 14:23