IT has been an exciting year for Alora’s leading agent Margaret Mitchell.
The boss of Alora Properties, who has been based in the area for 18 years, has had another fantastic year since moving to their new office last December.
Setting up just a few doors along from the former office, Alora Properties is going from strength-to-strength.
“We’ve had a great year,” Scot Margaret explains. “So far Brexit doesn’t seem to be affecting us and sales are good.
“We have moved offices but it is business as usual and we are working hard.
But things have not always be such smooth sailing.
Between 2008 and 2012, Margaret saw 12 agencies close in the area as Spain was slow to get out of the economic crisis.
But things have turned around and are continuing to be on the up.
“The area is popular as ever,” Margaret says. “With the opening of the Caminito del Rey, a lot of business is coming to nearby towns such as El Chorro and that is good for buying or selling property.”
With properties across the Guadalhorce Valley, Alora Properties also collaborates with agents in England and Belgium as well as the Costa del Sol.
• For more information visit www.alora.properties
- Sign up with Spain’s only ‘all-in- English’ mobile service - 21 May, 2019 @ 06:46
- Spanish study finds that eating nuts in first trimester of pregnancy improves child brain development - 19 May, 2019 @ 11:00
- JOBS: Marbella’s Starlite Festival looking for 400 workers this summer, find out how to apply here - 14 May, 2019 @ 13:00
- WATCH: Car goes up in flames in Estepona - 13 May, 2019 @ 16:57
- How the British approach to gambling could benefit Spain - 13 May, 2019 @ 14:17
- ABSOLUTE MELTER: Heatwave hits Spain’s Andalucia as temperatures soar to 35C - 11 May, 2019 @ 18:19
- The International Vote is important in Mijas, where a third of the population are foreign, writes Bill Anderson - 11 May, 2019 @ 09:30
- WATCH: Brazen group of men run from boat carrying ‘suspicious’ packages on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 6 May, 2019 @ 20:17
- The Best Casinos in Spain - 6 May, 2019 @ 10:35
- Loraine in Spain - 5 May, 2019 @ 11:58