IT has been an exciting year for Alora’s leading agent Margaret Mitchell.
The boss of Alora Properties, who has been based in the area for 18 years, has had another fantastic year since moving to their new office last December.
Setting up just a few doors along from the former office, Alora Properties is going from strength-to-strength.
“We’ve had a great year,” Scot Margaret explains. “So far Brexit doesn’t seem to be affecting us and sales are good.
“We have moved offices but it is business as usual and we are working hard.
But things have not always be such smooth sailing.
Between 2008 and 2012, Margaret saw 12 agencies close in the area as Spain was slow to get out of the economic crisis.
But things have turned around and are continuing to be on the up.
“The area is popular as ever,” Margaret says. “With the opening of the Caminito del Rey, a lot of business is coming to nearby towns such as El Chorro and that is good for buying or selling property.”
With properties across the Guadalhorce Valley, Alora Properties also collaborates with agents in England and Belgium as well as the Costa del Sol.
• For more information visit www.alora.properties
- Stunning Sarmiento offers a lot more than the best view on the Costa del Sol - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 16:05
- Historic building awards from the Gibraltar Heritage Trust - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 11:16
- Caught live: Massive winner from UK’s most relevant band of the last few decades - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 20:42
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- EXPANSION: Pole position as long-running expat agent opens fifth office in central Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58