IT has been an exciting year for Alora’s leading agent Margaret Mitchell.
The boss of Alora Properties, who has been based in the area for 18 years, has had another fantastic year since moving to their new office last December.
Setting up just a few doors along from the former office, Alora Properties is going from strength-to-strength.
“We’ve had a great year,” Scot Margaret explains. “So far Brexit doesn’t seem to be affecting us and sales are good.
“We have moved offices but it is business as usual and we are working hard.
But things have not always be such smooth sailing.
Between 2008 and 2012, Margaret saw 12 agencies close in the area as Spain was slow to get out of the economic crisis.
But things have turned around and are continuing to be on the up.
“The area is popular as ever,” Margaret says. “With the opening of the Caminito del Rey, a lot of business is coming to nearby towns such as El Chorro and that is good for buying or selling property.”
With properties across the Guadalhorce Valley, Alora Properties also collaborates with agents in England and Belgium as well as the Costa del Sol.
• For more information visit www.alora.properties
- SLOW TRAVEL: Run down your rev count in Ronda where slow travel is the new mantra - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 09:59
- FILTHY RICH: How the other half live when on holiday in southern Spain, from Saudi Royalty to British prime ministers and American billionaires - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 08:50
- PICTURED: ‘Shark’ spotted near swimmers on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:38
- Don’t miss the Bollywood and glitter themed pool parties at Max Beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:42
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02