LOCALS of a minute Spanish town went into meltdown when Justin Bieber’s website mistakenly announced he would be touring there in November.
Villagers in Belmonte de Tajo, which has just 1,400 residents, could not belieb their small town would be hosting such a huge concert.
Twitter soon went into overdrive as word spread across Spain that the unassuming town just 65km from Madrid would be hosting one of the world’s biggest stars.
But the town mayor Amador Salinas soon broke the news that it was all a mistake, but not before joining in on mocking the error.
“There are no parties planned for November here so we’re not sure how to prepare for this event,” he said.
“I suppose we could always get the football stadium ready but we’re a bit short of time.”
The error showed that the 22 year old would be performing at a privately-owned semi-detached house.
Fans browsing www.justinbiebermusic.com were offered VIP tickets for a November 23 performance at the Barclaycard Arena in Belmonte de Tajo, Spain – the name of Birmingham’s sports and entertainment venue 3,700km away where the singer was bringing his Purpose World Tour.
There was even an address for the concert venue which on Google Maps appeared to be a privately-owned semi-detached house.
While pictures of the red-roofed home opposite a bus stop boasted a few plastic chairs and tables in the front garden, it didn’t seem capable of catering to thousands of screaming Beliebers.
A ‘Where to Eat’ section on the Belmonte de Tajo town website lists four bars.
An ironmonger’s and butcher’s are listed as two of the six recommended places to visit.
Town hall officials said they were bombarded with phone calls after the gaffe.
One local jokingly said: “If Justin really wants to come here, we’ve got a small municipal centre he could use.
“But thousands of people are going to descend on the town if he does end up here and I think so many Beliebers in such a small space could be dangerous.”
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20