The Rafael Garcia Valino school, a government-run primary school in Madrid, recently asked its pupils to each provide six rolls of lavatory paper.
One parent, Carmen Contreras, complained on her Facebook page that the requirement was “totally surreal.”
She said the school told her it didn’t have enough money for toilet paper, so they added it to a list of supplies students needed for class this term.
In Milan, Italy, the Scuola Primaria Casati school said to parents in a letter: “We’ve run out of toilet paper. So that this great friendship can continue, we have to bring one packet of four rolls of toilet paper each.
“We are informed that school funds are low and parents should provide paper, cups and even toilet paper.”
According to the European Cleaning Journal, a study by consumer group Cittadinanzattiva found that nearly half of the schools it surveyed in Italy did not have any soap and a further 37% were lacking in toilet paper due to funding cuts.
- One hospitalised as roaring chemical plant fire in San Roque is brought under control - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 20:27
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27
- IN PICS: Saudi tycoon’s HUGE €200 million yacht arrives on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 13:59