The Rafael Garcia Valino school, a government-run primary school in Madrid, recently asked its pupils to each provide six rolls of lavatory paper.
One parent, Carmen Contreras, complained on her Facebook page that the requirement was “totally surreal.”
She said the school told her it didn’t have enough money for toilet paper, so they added it to a list of supplies students needed for class this term.
In Milan, Italy, the Scuola Primaria Casati school said to parents in a letter: “We’ve run out of toilet paper. So that this great friendship can continue, we have to bring one packet of four rolls of toilet paper each.
“We are informed that school funds are low and parents should provide paper, cups and even toilet paper.”
According to the European Cleaning Journal, a study by consumer group Cittadinanzattiva found that nearly half of the schools it surveyed in Italy did not have any soap and a further 37% were lacking in toilet paper due to funding cuts.
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20
- Endangered rhino, lion, hippo and tigers part of more than 200 species found at illegal taxidermist in Spain - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 11:26