THE owner of a junkyard in Spain has replaced his guard dogs with a pair of toro bravos after he was victim to seven break-ins this summer.
Emilio Cervero said his troubles began earlier this year, when local authorities in the Valencian town of Montserrat built a new roundabout adjacent to his land.
He was expropriated of part of his property, and the provincial government sealed off his downsized land with a wire fence to replace the original concrete wall which featured barbed wire protection.
He said there have been seven break-ins since, with looters snipping a hole in the wall, luring the guard dogs out of the compound, and simply walking in to take what they needed.
The fence had to be fixed repeatedly, while the constant setting off of alarms began taking its toll on neighbours.
He decided to take more drastic action when the it became clear the guard dogs weren’t guarding much at all.
Cervero was only allowed to build a new concrete wall 25 metres in from the original spot, and as his property had already been downsized, Cervero couldn’t afford to lose any more space.
Feeling out of options, he decided to replace his guard dogs with two fighting bulls.
He said: “The bulls can roam around freely in the yard and let’s hope they do their job,
“All I am trying to do is protect my property.”
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27