PABLO PICASSO’S widow may have hidden almost 300 of his works from his heirs.
A retired electrician who was convicted last year of hiding the works in his garage for 40 years, told a court in southern France that Picasso’s widow disliked her stepson.
“Mrs Jacqueline Picasso had problems with (her step-son) Claude (Ruiz) Picasso,” said Pierre Le Guennec, 77, in the southern city of Aix-en-Provence.
Picasso’s widow had asked him to store between 15 and 17 garbage bags containing artworks after the artist died in April 1973.
He said she came to collect the works but left him one bag, saying ‘keep this, it’s for you’.
Le Guennec told the court that it was probably to prevent them from being inventoried for succession.
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19