PABLO PICASSO’S widow may have hidden almost 300 of his works from his heirs.
A retired electrician who was convicted last year of hiding the works in his garage for 40 years, told a court in southern France that Picasso’s widow disliked her stepson.
“Mrs Jacqueline Picasso had problems with (her step-son) Claude (Ruiz) Picasso,” said Pierre Le Guennec, 77, in the southern city of Aix-en-Provence.
Picasso’s widow had asked him to store between 15 and 17 garbage bags containing artworks after the artist died in April 1973.
He said she came to collect the works but left him one bag, saying ‘keep this, it’s for you’.
Le Guennec told the court that it was probably to prevent them from being inventoried for succession.
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18