A GLITTERING film festival will descend on Puerto Banus next week.
The Costa del Sol resort will turn into a mini Cannes for the second ever four day Filmmaker International Film Festival from December 4 to 8.
An impressive 800 independently-made features, shorts, documentaries and clips have been submitted by 88 different countries.
Those chosen to be part of the official selection will be shown from December 4 to 7 at the Teatro Goya in between 9am and 3pm.
A grand film awards will take place on December 8 at the cinema from 7pm.
There, judges will choose winners in 23 categories such as best director, feature film and actress.
Marbella actress and film maker Mari Cielo Pajare will present the awards along with the council’s culture head Gema Midón.
MakingNoizeFilms, an independent Marbella-based production company, are working with Marbella council’s department of culture to host the event.
- Behind the green door: Discover Andalucia’s eco village of Los Molinos del Rio Agua - 10 Jun, 2017 @ 10:51
- TAKING THE P***: Campaign launched to move Cordoba mosque toilets because they face Mecca - 8 Jun, 2017 @ 13:01
- Groundbreaking eco Lego style plastic house factory to open in Malaga - 4 Jun, 2017 @ 11:55
- Spain has 10 of the 20 European universities most in demand by Erasmus students - 3 Jun, 2017 @ 10:45
- Malaga Council accused of falsifying hospital statistics - 30 May, 2017 @ 17:50
- Dolphins caught stealing from fishermen - 30 May, 2017 @ 16:49
- UK ELECTION: Olive Press voting guide for British expats - 28 May, 2017 @ 11:46
- Who was George Campbell, one of Andalucia’s best-loved Irish artists? - 28 May, 2017 @ 09:30
- The extraordinary life of Alexander Fleming’s granddaughter as an artist in Andalucia - 27 May, 2017 @ 09:16
- Junta commit to green energy in Andalucia - 26 May, 2017 @ 16:09