A MAN has died following more deadly storms in Spain.
Attempting to reach his car, the 76-year-old was swept out to sea in Benidorm on Saturday afternoon.
A video recorded neighbours shows the man lose his footing and fall into the water.
Two other men attempt to rescue him but were unable to batter the 80 kmph winds.
The man’s body was washed up on the shore 20 minutes later.
At least one other person has died on the Costa Blanca in the most recent storms to hit Spain.
Just a fortnight ago, torrential downpours hit the Costa del Sol turning many towns into disaster zones and claiming two lives.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36