A BRITISH man has died after falling 150ft while rock climbing in Spain.
The 51 year old was climbing the Penya Roc in Alicante with a friend when his rope broke during a small rockslide.
Rescuers rushed to the scene but the victim died of a cardiac arrest in hospital after being airlifted from the scene.
Rescuers say the man hit the rock face several times as he plunged to the ground and that he was in a ‘very serious’ state when they found him.
The Penya Roc is a famous landmark that is popular with climbers from Spain and abroad.
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49
- BREAKING: Police continue evacuation of British embassy after alleged bomb threat on Madrid skyscraper - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:14