A BRITISH man has died after falling 150ft while rock climbing in Spain.
The 51 year old was climbing the Penya Roc in Alicante with a friend when his rope broke during a small rockslide.
Rescuers rushed to the scene but the victim died of a cardiac arrest in hospital after being airlifted from the scene.
Rescuers say the man hit the rock face several times as he plunged to the ground and that he was in a ‘very serious’ state when they found him.
The Penya Roc is a famous landmark that is popular with climbers from Spain and abroad.
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19
- Iconic restaurant on Spain’s Costa del Sol divides opinion over sign declaring it ‘Spanish, Catholic and rightwing’ - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 16:54