EMERGENCY river repairs are to be carried out in flood-wrecked parts of Andalucia.
The Junta has promised €6.6 million to fix waterways and try stop future floods in Malaga, Cadiz and Huelva .
It is believed that blocked rivers in part contributed to the severity of December’s deluges, which left two people dead and caused millions of euros of damage.
The money will be used to repair damaged riverbanks and remove large objects dislodged by the floods that are now blocking water flows.
It will also fund repairs to hydraulic structures such as reservoirs.
The Junta has budgeted a further €5 million for river cleaning during 2017 to keep waterways clear.
- Behind the green door: Discover Andalucia’s eco village of Los Molinos del Rio Agua - 10 Jun, 2017 @ 10:51
- TAKING THE P***: Campaign launched to move Cordoba mosque toilets because they face Mecca - 8 Jun, 2017 @ 13:01
- Groundbreaking eco Lego style plastic house factory to open in Malaga - 4 Jun, 2017 @ 11:55
- Spain has 10 of the 20 European universities most in demand by Erasmus students - 3 Jun, 2017 @ 10:45
- Malaga Council accused of falsifying hospital statistics - 30 May, 2017 @ 17:50
- Dolphins caught stealing from fishermen - 30 May, 2017 @ 16:49
- UK ELECTION: Olive Press voting guide for British expats - 28 May, 2017 @ 11:46
- Who was George Campbell, one of Andalucia’s best-loved Irish artists? - 28 May, 2017 @ 09:30
- The extraordinary life of Alexander Fleming’s granddaughter as an artist in Andalucia - 27 May, 2017 @ 09:16
- Junta commit to green energy in Andalucia - 26 May, 2017 @ 16:09