A married couple and their 12-year-old daughter were crushed in their sleep when part of the floor of their apartment caved in under the weight of hundreds of kilos of clothes.
The tragedy was discovered when the couple’s other daughter, 18, woke up to find her family had suffocated to death.
The couple hoarded clothes compulsively, and had stacked their huge collection in boxes in the flat.
They suffered ‘a kind of Diogenes Syndrome, which led them to compulsively accumulate all kinds of clothing,’ according to sources.
Police have now launched an investigation.
- Green gold: Discovering the origins of avocados - 29 Mar, 2017 @ 18:00
- Spain slammed by European Commission for inequality levels - 9 Mar, 2017 @ 14:30
- International Women’s Day: Women’s rights in Spain - 8 Mar, 2017 @ 09:00
- Marbella Town Hall creates 500 temporary jobs in bid to cut unemployment - 7 Mar, 2017 @ 14:50
- Malaga scientists in finals of Google contest to grow seeds on the moon - 6 Mar, 2017 @ 19:00
- 1000km/h ‘flying’ train designed by Valencia students - 6 Mar, 2017 @ 15:10
- Which animals are most at risk of extinction in Spain? - 5 Mar, 2017 @ 21:00
- Read the TripAdvisor reviews of 12 tourists who were not impressed by Andalucia - 4 Mar, 2017 @ 11:00
- Gay traffic lights introduced in Cadiz town - 3 Mar, 2017 @ 18:00
- Virtually all fossil fuel in Spain imported from abroad - 3 Mar, 2017 @ 17:00