GARETH Bale as expat campaigner is a fantastic idea.
He may be a Real Madrid star, but his right to work in Spain post-Brexit is apparently up in the air as it is for all expats.
Journalist Giles Tremlett is currently embarking on a furious lobbying campaign, as he seeks backing from regional parliaments and Madrid for his joint-nationality plan.
If the plan is successful, it will provide security for thousands of worried Brits living in Spain, a country they now call home and love.
Getting Bale onboard would be a great coup, and would help publicise the cause.
Bale’s future in Spain is as unclear as all of ours.
It’s a team game, and together we’re stronger.
- Spanish study finds that eating nuts in first trimester of pregnancy improves child brain development - 19 May, 2019 @ 11:00
- JOBS: Marbella’s Starlite Festival looking for 400 workers this summer, find out how to apply here - 14 May, 2019 @ 13:00
- WATCH: Car goes up in flames in Estepona - 13 May, 2019 @ 16:57
- How the British approach to gambling could benefit Spain - 13 May, 2019 @ 14:17
- ABSOLUTE MELTER: Heatwave hits Spain’s Andalucia as temperatures soar to 35C - 11 May, 2019 @ 18:19
- The International Vote is important in Mijas, where a third of the population are foreign, writes Bill Anderson - 11 May, 2019 @ 09:30
- WATCH: Brazen group of men run from boat carrying ‘suspicious’ packages on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 6 May, 2019 @ 20:17
- The Best Casinos in Spain - 6 May, 2019 @ 10:35
- Loraine in Spain - 5 May, 2019 @ 11:58
- Tiger mosquitos on Spain’s Costa del Sol cause surge in holidaying Brits making health insurance claims - 3 May, 2019 @ 15:13