GARETH Bale as expat campaigner is a fantastic idea.
He may be a Real Madrid star, but his right to work in Spain post-Brexit is apparently up in the air as it is for all expats.
Journalist Giles Tremlett is currently embarking on a furious lobbying campaign, as he seeks backing from regional parliaments and Madrid for his joint-nationality plan.
If the plan is successful, it will provide security for thousands of worried Brits living in Spain, a country they now call home and love.
Getting Bale onboard would be a great coup, and would help publicise the cause.
Bale’s future in Spain is as unclear as all of ours.
It’s a team game, and together we’re stronger.
- PICTURED: ‘Shark’ spotted near swimmers on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:38
- Don’t miss the Bollywood and glitter themed pool parties at Max Beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:42
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02
- Figuring out your next career move: Where to start from? - 3 Jul, 2019 @ 10:19
- Online Sports Betting in Spain – Where to Play & What’s Legal? - 2 Jul, 2019 @ 09:16