The 25-year-old, who weighed 47 stone, was too big to fit down the halls in his apartment block.
Paramedics who arrived to take him to hospital had to call fireman when they realised it would require heavy lifting machinery to remove him.
The unnamed man died a couple of hours after emergency services were first called on Tuesday morning.
His body was removed by firemen via his balcony in San Juan de Aznalfarache near Sevilla.
Ayuntamiento bosses agreed to pay for his funeral after it emerged his family were poverty stricken and could not afford it.
He was buried Wednesday afternoon.
He died of natural causes linked to his obesity.
According to World Health Organisation figures, some 22.8% of Spanish men are obese, while among Spanish women the figure is higher at 24.7%.
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25
- British expat arrested for starting forest fire on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 May, 2019 @ 21:15
- Top British rugby player fighting for his life after falling from major Spain airport car park - 20 May, 2019 @ 16:54
- British expat benefits cheat who stole more than €90,000 from UK coffers while living on Spain’s Costa del Sol given 900 YEARS to pay back debt - 20 May, 2019 @ 10:56
- 7 times town halls in Spain had us screaming ‘what were they thinking?’ - 19 May, 2019 @ 16:21
- Left-wing government could spell trouble for property investors - 19 May, 2019 @ 09:59
- GUILTY: Westley Capper and Craig Porter verdict in but ‘both will AVOID JAIL’ over Agnese Klavina disappearance, Capper to appeal - 17 May, 2019 @ 19:48
- IN PICS: The jobs of the past in Spain made (almost) obsolete by modern life - 17 May, 2019 @ 14:16
- REVEALED: The 5 towns in Malaga set to receive FREE public wifi thanks to EU initiative - 16 May, 2019 @ 14:24
- WATCH: Afilador plies his trade on Costa del Sol as one of the last to practice long-held Spanish tradition - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:40