THE Spanish economy has got off to a storming start in 2017.
Gross Domestic Product grew by 0.8% in the first three months, according to the central bank, as the nation extends its three-year recovery with greater momentum.
That’s better than the average estimate of economists in a Bloomberg survey, which forecast that the economy would maintain its pace at 0.7% in the first quarter.
The Bank of Spain increased its growth estimates for 2017-2019, citing an improved global economic outlook, which could help Spanish exports, and a stronger internal performance.
GDP is set to expand 2.8% this year, before slowing to 2.3% in 2018, and to 2.1% in 2019.
That compares favourably with previous forecasts of 2.5%, 2.1% and 2% respectively.
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45
- How a gang sold more than €1.5 million of drugs EVERY WEEK with the help of a Breaking Bad-style family in Cadiz – and how they spent it on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:13
- Homes sealed off after explosion shatters windows more than 50 metres away on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:35