CRISTIANO Ronaldo could miss this month’s crunch El Clasico showdown with Barcelona.
The Real Madrid star’s appearance in the top two’s La Liga clash was thrown into doubt after it was claimed he insulted a referee.
Ronaldo shouted in the official’s face during last week’s Madrid derby against Atletico after a decision went against him.
Barca legend Lionel Messi was recently banned for four internationals after insulting a referee while playing for Argentina, with the Catalan press demanding the same action is taken with Messi.
Ronaldo is already on four yellow cards and must avoid a booking against Sporting Gijon on Saturday to ensure he is not automatically banned for the Bernabeu game on April
Table-toppers Real are three points ahead of their bitter rivals, with a game in hand.
- ‘Paedo’ football coach facing 100 YEARS behind bars for allegedly abusing 25 children in British expat hotspot near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 16:12
- WATCH: Russian-backed ‘Mansions of Banus’ development part of €200 million portfolio penned for Marbella and Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 15:20
- British man dies after falling off pedalo in Spain despite green flags indicating sea was safe - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:33
- UNEARTHED: First Roman olive oil press EVER on Spain’s Costa del Sol as huge archaeology park planned - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:17
- British sex pest arrested in Marbella for harassing young woman with barrage of sexually explicit messages - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:54
- Boy, 8, dies in Spain after choking on hot dog during San Juan celebrations - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:30
- WATCH: Expat gives hilarious guide for boozy Brits heading to Marbella (WARNING: Not for the easily offended) - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:02
- SHAMEFUL: ‘Racist’ effigy mocking migrants shocks expats and locals ahead of San Juan celebrations on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 10:42
- OPINION: The Junta de Andalucia’s budgets which benefit residents are a welcome sight after decades of corruption - 23 Jun, 2019 @ 11:44
- Report warns 20% of Spain’s olive farms could disappear within a decade - 22 Jun, 2019 @ 15:05