ANDALUCIA is one of the highest recyclers of lightbulbs in Spain.
Last year 329 tonnes of lightbulbs were reused in the region, up from 320 in 2015.
But more needs to be done to match the results of the best performing regions Madrid and Catalunya, which both recycled more despite having smaller populations.
A total of 575 tonnes were recycled in Catalunya, with 401 tonnes recycled in the capital.
The worst performing regions in 2016 were Melilla and Ceuta with two tonnes each and Rioja with 23 tonnes.
They also have the lowest populations in the country.
- Behind the green door: Discover Andalucia’s eco village of Los Molinos del Rio Agua - 10 Jun, 2017 @ 10:51
- TAKING THE P***: Campaign launched to move Cordoba mosque toilets because they face Mecca - 8 Jun, 2017 @ 13:01
- Groundbreaking eco Lego style plastic house factory to open in Malaga - 4 Jun, 2017 @ 11:55
- Spain has 10 of the 20 European universities most in demand by Erasmus students - 3 Jun, 2017 @ 10:45
- Malaga Council accused of falsifying hospital statistics - 30 May, 2017 @ 17:50
- Dolphins caught stealing from fishermen - 30 May, 2017 @ 16:49
- UK ELECTION: Olive Press voting guide for British expats - 28 May, 2017 @ 11:46
- Who was George Campbell, one of Andalucia’s best-loved Irish artists? - 28 May, 2017 @ 09:30
- The extraordinary life of Alexander Fleming’s granddaughter as an artist in Andalucia - 27 May, 2017 @ 09:16
- Junta commit to green energy in Andalucia - 26 May, 2017 @ 16:09