JEDIS and Stormtroopers are set to march through the streets of Velez-Malaga when a new cultural festival comes to town.
The council has organised 45 activities including a Star Wars parade, graffiti contest, theatre, photography and literature talks.
Festival Z, running from now until May 1, will be much wider than the old literature festival (Feria del Libro) which previously took place at the same time of year.
Twenty authors from around Spain will travel to the festival, while those who enter the graffiti competition will stand a chance of winning €500.
Festival venues include Teatro del Carmen and Plaza del Carmen, with the Star Wars parade billed to take place through on May 1.
- Behind the green door: Discover Andalucia’s eco village of Los Molinos del Rio Agua - 10 Jun, 2017 @ 10:51
- TAKING THE P***: Campaign launched to move Cordoba mosque toilets because they face Mecca - 8 Jun, 2017 @ 13:01
- Groundbreaking eco Lego style plastic house factory to open in Malaga - 4 Jun, 2017 @ 11:55
- Spain has 10 of the 20 European universities most in demand by Erasmus students - 3 Jun, 2017 @ 10:45
- Malaga Council accused of falsifying hospital statistics - 30 May, 2017 @ 17:50
- Dolphins caught stealing from fishermen - 30 May, 2017 @ 16:49
- UK ELECTION: Olive Press voting guide for British expats - 28 May, 2017 @ 11:46
- Who was George Campbell, one of Andalucia’s best-loved Irish artists? - 28 May, 2017 @ 09:30
- The extraordinary life of Alexander Fleming’s granddaughter as an artist in Andalucia - 27 May, 2017 @ 09:16
- Junta commit to green energy in Andalucia - 26 May, 2017 @ 16:09