TAXI drivers and baggage handlers are going on strike in Mallorca.
The cabbies held a protest in Palma as part of a nationwide stance against Uber.
Some 500 are believed to have taken part in the demo yesterday, which brought traffic in the capital to a standstill.
The drivers fear current legislation is not tough enough to prevent the car hire app from being allowed to launch in Spain.
Uber’s are often cheaper than taxis and are accused of undercutting traditional cab drivers in places like London or New York, where the company has flourished.
It comes as baggage handlers at Palma airport confirmed they are to strike over four days, starting on April 29.
They will also refused to handle bags on May 3, 18 and 28.
It follows a chaotic Easter weekend which saw thousands of British travellers facing lengthy delays at passport control, due to increased security checks.
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18