THEY left their love in Casablanca.
But Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman lookalikes have created the fairytale ending that the actors could not give their fans on screen.
Kenny and Tuula Whymark of La Alqueria in Mijas have been together since the day they met on the set of a Casablanca mock-up advert 20 years ago.
It was the only fitting outcome for the now retired English and Finnish doppleganger pair, who based their jet-setting careers around looking almost identical to the real life stars.
“It was actually Slovenia where we met, not Paris or Casablanca,” said Whymark 81, who became a Bogart lookalike after he was spotted while working as an extra in London.
“We were filming an advert for Adria Airlines, which wanted to create a Casablanca style advert.
“We fell for each other straight away and ended up marrying.”
It is just one of the highlights of the pair’s lives, which has seen them travel all over the world.
“I’ve performed everywhere from Dubai and at a 9/11 benefit show at the London Palladium to Florence’s Ponte Vecchio bridge and at Cannes Film Festival, had my own private jet and flown club class,” said Whymark.
“I’ve appeared as Bogart on a Bananarama music video and dozens of British shows such as Two Ronnies, The Little and Large Show and a Russell Harty chat show.
“I did lots of chat show and other work in Germany because they really love Casablanca there.
“I even met Prince Charles while performing in a sketch for one of his trust TV fundraiser shows.
Everyone in it was a double but when I saw him I said ‘you’re the real one aren’t you’ and he replied ‘yes, I do believe I am.’”
After meeting Kenny at the start of her career, Tuula, 49, regularly appeared alongside him at events in between modelling.
“We were treated as if we’re famous-we even stayed at a palace in Marrakesh where we were served champagne and brought food in silver dishes.
“We felt at times like we were living the lives of the celebrities although in reality we’re not like them at all.
“We’ve just worked hard at our acts, so much that Kenny definitely slips into character.”
- Behind the green door: Discover Andalucia’s eco village of Los Molinos del Rio Agua - 10 Jun, 2017 @ 10:51
- TAKING THE P***: Campaign launched to move Cordoba mosque toilets because they face Mecca - 8 Jun, 2017 @ 13:01
- Groundbreaking eco Lego style plastic house factory to open in Malaga - 4 Jun, 2017 @ 11:55
- Spain has 10 of the 20 European universities most in demand by Erasmus students - 3 Jun, 2017 @ 10:45
- Malaga Council accused of falsifying hospital statistics - 30 May, 2017 @ 17:50
- Dolphins caught stealing from fishermen - 30 May, 2017 @ 16:49
- UK ELECTION: Olive Press voting guide for British expats - 28 May, 2017 @ 11:46
- Who was George Campbell, one of Andalucia’s best-loved Irish artists? - 28 May, 2017 @ 09:30
- The extraordinary life of Alexander Fleming’s granddaughter as an artist in Andalucia - 27 May, 2017 @ 09:16
- Junta commit to green energy in Andalucia - 26 May, 2017 @ 16:09