THE PP has attacked Mallorca council leader Miquel Ensenyat’s record in office, claiming he has ‘done nothing’.
During a stormy two-hour chamber debate, PP speaker Mauricio Rovira slammed president Ensenyat.
His attack came after the president’s speech to the council on Wednesday.
“They have done little, and done it badly. All they talk about is future projects The conclusion after two years is they have done nothing,” said Rovira.
“Everything he has spoken about planning to do he said last year.”
Rovira added: “Ensenyat has made a cynical speech, proposing a consensus he doesn’t believe in. We do not believe his new offer of dialogue.”
Rovira highlighted the unfinished Soller tunnel – due to open in September, 2017 – and Llucmajor to Campos road as examples of Ensenyat’s ‘ineffectiveness’.
“His speech shows the ineffectiveness of a government which is a slave to its coalition partners.
“It is an unforgivable speech after two years in office,” he continued.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00