SPAIN’S healthcare has been ranked among the top ten in the world.
The Healthcare Access and Quality Index (HAQ), studied the quality of healthcare in 195 countries by measuring mortality rates from causes that should not be fatal in the presence of effective medical care.
In the study, the number of deaths from some 32 diseases and conditions were analyzed between 1990 to 2015.
Spain scored 90 out of 100, placing it 8th, and putting it above the likes of the Italy (89), France (88), Greece (87), Germany (86), the UK (85) and Portugal (85).
Andorra came first with 95, followed by Iceland on 94 and Switzerland on 92 points.
The UK and US came 30th and 35th respectively.
The study concluded that nearly all countries saw an improvement in their ratings, with the average score increasing by 40.7 points.
Spain scored the maximum points in its treatment of diptheria, tetanus and measles.
It scored the worst for treatment of Hodgkins Limphoma (64 points), Leukemia (66), gallbladder disease (74) and skin cancer (74).
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52