A BOY has drowned in a swimming pool in the Axarquia.
The three-year-old was rescued from the pool in Rincon de la Victoria and taken to hospital, but doctors were unable to save him.
This takes the number of fatal drownings in Andalucia to three this year, the same amount that occurred throughout all of 2016.
Every year, more than 400 people drown in Spain.
- Velez-Malaga Town Hall receives more than 180 tax claims - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 19:32
- Protesters march over Malaga mosquito problem - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 15:45
- Local pupils reenact victory over Britain - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 12:15
- Film about ancient treasure to be filmed in Rincon de la Victoria - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 17:40
- Geothermal deposit found in Almeria - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 15:58
- Estepona to host Circus festival - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 14:43
- Towns to unite to promote tourism - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 19:36
- Axarquia to host mental health conference - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 18:29
- Culture top reason tourists visit Andalucia - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 14:20
- Alleged axe attack in Axarquia - 14 Jun, 2017 @ 19:02