AN airline checked every single piece of passengers’ hand luggage onto a flight to Spain – but the crew forgot to check the tea bags!
It caused a storm in a tea cup as bleary-eyed holidaymakers were looking forward to their early morning cuppa.
But on Ryanair’s flight FR5159 from Newcastle to Malaga came the shattering announcement: ‘We have no tea!’
Pensioner Margaret Ramsay said “It’s a disgrace. I had been up since 5am and was looking forward to my cuppa.
“When they found out they had no tea, why didn’t an attendant pop across the tarmac and buy some packs of tea at the airport shops.”
Margaret, from Tyne and Wear added: “I wouldn’t care, earlier there was a long hold up because every item of hand luggage was checked for size, with folk getting hot and bothered trying to squeeze their bags into the machine.”
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40