OFFICIALS have been accused of lying over operation figures.
Nursing union Satse has questioned data from Malaga Provincial Council, which states that the public Hospital de Alta Resolucion in Benalmadena is now carrying out 2,000 more operations than three years ago.
The union’s chief, José Antonio Sánchez, said the figure doesn’t tally with the high numbers of ‘empty beds’ and ‘unfilled job posts’ in the hospital, or the province’s still long ‘waiting lists that are not reducing.’
A spokesperson for the council, which said 5,000 procedures were carried out there in the last year, has refuted the union’s claims, saying it had resorted to ‘demagoguery and lies’.
- Behind the green door: Discover Andalucia’s eco village of Los Molinos del Rio Agua - 10 Jun, 2017 @ 10:51
- TAKING THE P***: Campaign launched to move Cordoba mosque toilets because they face Mecca - 8 Jun, 2017 @ 13:01
- Groundbreaking eco Lego style plastic house factory to open in Malaga - 4 Jun, 2017 @ 11:55
- Spain has 10 of the 20 European universities most in demand by Erasmus students - 3 Jun, 2017 @ 10:45
- Malaga Council accused of falsifying hospital statistics - 30 May, 2017 @ 17:50
- Dolphins caught stealing from fishermen - 30 May, 2017 @ 16:49
- UK ELECTION: Olive Press voting guide for British expats - 28 May, 2017 @ 11:46
- Who was George Campbell, one of Andalucia’s best-loved Irish artists? - 28 May, 2017 @ 09:30
- The extraordinary life of Alexander Fleming’s granddaughter as an artist in Andalucia - 27 May, 2017 @ 09:16
- Junta commit to green energy in Andalucia - 26 May, 2017 @ 16:09