ICONIC Greenpeace vessel Rainbow Warrior is heading into Mallorca this month.
The eco-campaigners ship will stop in Palma on June 13 as part of its ‘Less plastic, more Mediterranean’ fight against ocean pollution.
During the trip, scientists from the Estudis Avançats de Blanes (CSIC-CEAB) will give talks on their environmental studies.
There will be a press conference on the ship on June 14.
During a 10-day journey around the Med, Rainbow Warrior will also dock in Barcelona and Valencia.
Rainbow Warrior is the third boat such-named ship in the Greenpeace fleet, with the original vessel bombed and sunk by French intelligence services in 1985.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00