CCTV footage from a London restaurant shows a heroic Spanish waiter putting his life on the line during the London attacks.
The video shows the brave Sergio Farina as he throws himself against the door to prevent the knife-brandishing terrorist from entering Arthur Hooper’s bar.
He managed to keep the man, who eventually gave up, from entering the bar, and even opened it to help another person find safety.
Mr Farina said after: “You do not even think about it. I could have left, as everyone did, but I would have left 28 people behind.”
He told ABC International ‘all he could see was a guy with dynamite’ as he tried to lower the bar windows’ shutters.
He added: “We did not know how many terrorists there were and whether they would return.”
- Tasting Spain: Sampling the nations unusual delicacies - 9 Sep, 2017 @ 10:20
- The monkey with no name – Bioparc Fuengirola’s adorable new addition - 31 Aug, 2017 @ 15:56
- New oldest man in world from southern Spain thanks ‘good genes and good wine’ - 31 Aug, 2017 @ 14:29
- Trio of Spanish slimmers who shed 100 kilos will battle to enter UK slimming final - 30 Aug, 2017 @ 13:16
- Hypnotic Brass Ensemble return to Spain for string of concerts - 29 Aug, 2017 @ 17:39
- EXCLUSIVE: London West End star refused entry into Malaga nightclub ‘because he is black’ - 20 Aug, 2017 @ 10:10
- Marbella burglary gang busted after attacking more than 20 homes - 17 Aug, 2017 @ 12:02
- ‘Terrified’ baby dolphin dies from stress in southern Spain after tourists snatch it from water and pose for selfies - 17 Aug, 2017 @ 10:54
- BREAKING: Pensioner airlifted from Costa del Sol beach after suspected heart attack - 8 Aug, 2017 @ 11:40
- ‘BRITS ARE SAVAGES’: Marbella officials threaten to revoke licences in new party tourism crackdown - 6 Aug, 2017 @ 11:33