A NEW weekly car boot sale has opened in Mijas.
Held every Sunday opposite Aladin’s in La Cala, pitches are being offered at a special rate of just €10.
“A classic car boot sale followed by fabulous fish and chips across the road, what better for a Sunday?” said Chug, one of the organisers.
The local livewire and his wife Karen have invested more than €500,000 to reinvent the adjacent block of empty commercial units, which now boast Aladin, a buzzing cafe and several thriving businesses.
After years of lobbying from locals, a new zebra crossing has also been put in place to connect the nearby car park to the new row of shops and cafe.
“It’s great news,” said Chug, “it’s nice to have the area buzzing again.
“We hope to see lots of locals pitching up for the car boot sales over the summer.”
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25
- British expat arrested for starting forest fire on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 May, 2019 @ 21:15
- Top British rugby player fighting for his life after falling from major Spain airport car park - 20 May, 2019 @ 16:54
- British expat benefits cheat who stole more than €90,000 from UK coffers while living on Spain’s Costa del Sol given 900 YEARS to pay back debt - 20 May, 2019 @ 10:56
- 7 times town halls in Spain had us screaming ‘what were they thinking?’ - 19 May, 2019 @ 16:21
- Left-wing government could spell trouble for property investors - 19 May, 2019 @ 09:59
- GUILTY: Westley Capper and Craig Porter verdict in but ‘both will AVOID JAIL’ over Agnese Klavina disappearance, Capper to appeal - 17 May, 2019 @ 19:48