TERRIFYING images of the inferno tearing through Huelva have been shared hundreds of times on social media.
It comes after more than 1,500 people have been evacuated after a suspected arsonist began a fire in Moguer on Saturday night.
The fires are now burning in Doñana national Park, home to several endangered species such as the Spanish imperial eagle.
“We are worried because the impact could be huge,” said Carlos Molina, an ornithologist who works inside the reserve.
“Donana is probably one of the most important areas for birds in all of Europe, and we just happen to be in a nesting season for several species,” he added.
Molina said the reserve’s endangered Iberian imperial eagle should not be in danger, but the area immediately threatened is territory for the extremely endangered lynx.
Meanwhile, Junta chief Susana Diaz said there has been no citizen deaths and that ‘there’s no risk to the population’.
She added that fighting the fire was difficult due to hot, dry weather, with temperatures reaching 39C and shifting winds.
Emergency services have deployed at least 11 planes, 10 helicopters vehicles to battle the flames.
They are still being fought by hundreds firefighters.
- British expats and locals FUMING as celebrity chef Dani Garcia’s chiringuito gets go ahead on protected land in southern Spain - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 12:16
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29