A NEW Stop Sickness Scam campaign by ABTA is a welcome move that will hopefully move the UK authorities to clamp down on fraudulent holiday illness claims.
The group has written to Justice Secretary David Lidington, urging him to act swiftly to stamp out the appalling practice.
In Mallorca, the Federation of Mallorcan Hotels has warned that hotels will be cracking down on touts and UK holidaymakers submitting fake claims.
Anyone found guilty could face up to three years in Spanish jail with no opportunity for a suspended sentence.
And it would be fully deserved.
- Caught live: Massive winner from UK’s most relevant band of the last few decades - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 20:42
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- EXPANSION: Pole position as long-running expat agent opens fifth office in central Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58
- Mallorca finca featured in New York Times - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:21
- World Trade Center Gibraltar celebrates two years of thriving international business - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:45