MARBELLA will be one of the most expensive towns to rent property in Spain this summer.
Prices are expected to exceed €1,100 per week, according to a report by TecniTasa.
Holiday rentals in the main beach areas of Spain for this summer have risen almost 10% since a year ago.
On average across Spain, enjoying a week on the coast will cost €729, €65 more than last year and 30% more than in 2014.
Ibiza, Sotogrande, Sitges, Salou and San Sebastián are also in the top tier and will exceed €1,100 per week.
Marbella was also named one of the top three hardest areas to buy in Spain.
A report by Idealista found that it would cost an average family earnings of 35.1 years to be able to purchase a property in Marbella.
Behind it are San Sebastian de los Reyes in Madrid (18.8 years), Barcelona (18.6 years), Pozuelo de Alarcón (18.5 years), Sant Cugat del Vallès in Barcelona (17.7 years) and Madrid (17.1 years).
The top 15 is completed by Palma (15.9 years), Benalmádena (14.8 years), Fuengirola (13.4 years), Malaga capital (12.8 years) and El Puerto de Santa María in Cádiz (11.7 years).
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16