The figures, from the Gfk Leisure Travel Monitor for the UK, show Spain’s increase in British tourists far outweighs its competitors.
One of its closest rival, up and coming Greece, paled in comparison, increasing its number of British holidaymakers by 95,600.
Other growing destinations included the Caribbean, Croatia, Cyprus and Portugal.
Marginal growth has been seen by the Cape Verde Islands, Portugal, Mexico and Italy.
Canada, France, Malta, and the United Arab Emirates are set to be down on last year.
Turkey, which has been the big loser in recent years due to terrorism fears, remains 70,000 passengers down on last year.
The US is suffering the second biggest decline of around 23,000 passengers as it struggles to overcome challenges like sterling’s slump against the pound and the Trump effect.
Immediately after the election, bookings by Brits dropped by 16%.
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31