POLICE have arrested a man in Malaga for stabbing his mother to death.
The unnamed 35-year-old was held by Policia Nacional after he handed himself in and confessed.
Sources close to the case say the body of the woman was found dead this morning by her ex-husband.
He stumbled upon the corpse while making a visit to her home at 8am in Colonia del Puerto VII in Velez-Malaga.
She was lying dead on the floor with several visible knife wounds.
Policia Nacional have begun an investigation to determine the motivations behind the matricide.
Neighbours in the Caleta de Velez urbanization, made up of public housing and very quiet streets, said the husband of the deceased had gone to live with his mother.
The victim had been living alone with their son since they separated.
Neighbours said there was never fighting between the two, making the shocking murder a mystery.
They added that the mother was a very active 60-year-old who still worked and never had any problems within the neighbourhood.
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06