PALMA Town Hall has banned new tourist flat rental accommodation from the whole city.
The new legislation to cover apartment rental accommodation was passed after six PSOE councillors, as well as the PP, abstained.
Alvaro Gijon, currently facing corruption,drugs and prostitution allegations in the Tolo Cursach case, also abstained.
A year-long suspension of new tourist-rental licences for all types of properties was also approved.
It came after a petition with over 6,000 signatures was submitted by the Federation of Palma Neighbours.
The group was protesting about the amount of tourist accommodation currently available in Palma.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00