A SHOCKED Mallorca diner almost bit off more than he could chew this week.
The stunned Palma restaurant-goer found a three-centimetres-long wire inside one of his breaded blue-cheese filets.
After waiters apologised, he and a friend paid for the rest of their meal and left.
However, the diner who found the wire has had to visit a hospital for check-ups after feeling discomfort in this throat.
“I touched the tip and it was like a needle … or a nail,” he said. “Now I have discomfort. It is like when you a fishbone is stuck.”
The young man went to a clinic in Palma this Wednesday, but says he still feels pain in his larynx.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00