A THREE-YEAR-OLD girl has been found dead on Malaga train tracks after going missing during dinner.
Lucía Vivar Hidalgo went missing on Wednesday evening while playing on a terraza where her parents were having dinner.
Her mother and father were eating in the centre of Pizarra when they lost sight of their daughter, who had been playing nearby.
The alarm was immediately sounded at around 11.20pm, triggering 600 people to frantically search for the toddler.
Police, firefighters and civil protection units and dozens of volunteers, searched all over the town in northwest Malaga, where the family lived.
Felix Lozano, the mayor of Pizarra, said the parents only lost sight of their girl for ‘two minutes’.
The toddler’s body was discovered at 7am this morning alongside a railway track, 7km from the restaurant her parents were eating at.
According to Spanish media, a train driver spotted the body and stopped the train to alert the police.
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31