A THREE-YEAR-OLD girl has been found dead on Malaga train tracks after going missing during dinner.
Lucía Vivar Hidalgo went missing on Wednesday evening while playing on a terraza where her parents were having dinner.
Her mother and father were eating in the centre of Pizarra when they lost sight of their daughter, who had been playing nearby.
The alarm was immediately sounded at around 11.20pm, triggering 600 people to frantically search for the toddler.
Police, firefighters and civil protection units and dozens of volunteers, searched all over the town in northwest Malaga, where the family lived.
Felix Lozano, the mayor of Pizarra, said the parents only lost sight of their girl for ‘two minutes’.
The toddler’s body was discovered at 7am this morning alongside a railway track, 7km from the restaurant her parents were eating at.
According to Spanish media, a train driver spotted the body and stopped the train to alert the police.
- Brazilian soldier from convoy of President Bolsonaro arrested for smuggling cocaine into Spain’s Sevilla after controversial leader vowed to crack down on drugs - 26 Jun, 2019 @ 12:41
- One hospitalised as roaring chemical plant fire in San Roque is brought under control - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 20:27
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27